My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

14 weeks!

I *might* be to the promise land, folks! I haven't puked in almost 24 hours...this is a big accomplishment! ☺ This morning is the 1st morning that I've felt semi-normal for more than 10 minutes (knock on wood!) I'm hoping this is a sign that the pukefest is soon-to-be over and I can resume life as a normal, craving everything, pregnant woman.
     ---My friend sent me this pregnancy calendar my Alpha Mom that is hilarious! It sounds like she must be reading my mind. Here's her take (and mine) on week 14:
"Ah, the second trimester. I love you so, second trimester. Even though I still have a few lone symptoms of misery that haven’t yet left me completely, I do remember the unadulterated joy that comes with suddenly realizing that you totally don’t feel like warmed-over ass 100% of the time! It’s only, like, 43% of the time now! Hooray! ‘Tis a pregnancy miracle." ♥ ♥ My thoughts exactly!

There does seem to be a little give and take here though...perhaps the puking has subsided, but now I have heartburn/indigestion. Joy. It's definitely no fun, but I'd rather have the heartburn.
Oh! There's one other thing I forgot to mention...it's kind of weird and freaks me out, but I seem to be producing more saliva than needed. Ewww, I know. For real though...I literally have to carry around a spit cup. (Apparently yet another side effect of pregnancy that I didn't know about) *Please let this end soon, too*

Anywho, enough of my weird pregnancy side effects; on to baby business! We have our 1st OB appointment on Friday and I can't wait! I'm not sure what all will be involved, but I imagine we will get an ultrasound done; I'm ready to see how much the little guy/girl has grown!
Apparently the baby is  the size of a lemon this week:
Week 14 baby fetus size lemon
LENGTH: 3.51 in / 8.92 cm
WEIGHT: 1.60 oz / 45.4 g

I tried to warn the OB's office that I'd be rollin' with an entourage to the appointment, but I don't think they quite understand. I've talked to 2 people there and told them that I'm a surrogate and they just kind of go silent or go "oh, uh huh, ok"...whatevs. Guess they'll see when I'm there with 3 other people!

I'll update you on Friday! Until then, I'll leave you with a belly pic (Well 2, cuz I forgot one last week!) TTYL!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good! hope you're feeling better!

Michael said...

Glad to hear things are getting better for you. I was lucky encountering doctors and nurses who understood the surrogacy thing. Maybe being a gay couple it was easy to understand through simple biology who was who. :-) My heterosexual, married friend with a married surrogate didn't have such luck considering there were two men and two women at a lot of appointments. That confused a lot of people and led to some funny situations.