My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

39 weeks!!!


Week 39 baby fetus size watermelon
Fetus Size
Baby is about the size of a watermelon during week 39.

LENGTH: 20.31 in
WEIGHT: 7.78 lb
Let's just start off with this little statistic...Most babies, about 95%, don't arrive on their due date. Of the 95%, 25% come early and 70% come late.
 
Umm...HELL NO! No, seriously....like...NO! Late is not an option. I've been having (according to the nurse at the Dr's office) Braxton Hick's contractions since Monday. They are not painful, but they sure as hell aren't pleasant either. And it's not fun to have these false alarms. I feel like the boy who cried wolf; no one's gonna believe when I actually do go into labor b/c I think I'm going into labor about every 20 minutes :\ Whatevs.
Miss B has 6 days until her "projected due date".... please cooperate, Miss B!
 
My appointment last Friday went well. Baby's heart rate was good, my belly is still huge (Dr doesn't even tell me what it measures at this point) prob for the best...and I'm dilated 2-3cm! Dr. was very surprised at how much I was dilated and didn't seem to think I'll make it to our due date. I'm skeptical. I think I'll make it and even go past the damn date! Oh well, I'm going to do my best to cherish these last few days of pregnancy, no matter how uncomfortable I might be. *Try*
 
Next appointment is on Friday the 9th (if we make it). I'll let cha know how it goes.

Love from Miss B's #1 fan...and Zeus decided to join in for once :)

 

1 comment:

Babydreams2011 said...

Girl quit playing, you are NOT that big! You look great!! I don't think you're going to your due date!